Tuesday, March 27, 2007

THE WORKER-MAN’S WORK

A man comes upon a scene and says,
“What a site to behold!”
The foundation and such was covered with dirt
For the place was very old.
What a task to undertake,
Hard work it would be.
“Though it is a good feeling at the end of the day
Being so tired you will sleep.”
So the man goes about this job
And labors long and hard.
So much to do; a lot that is done,
Than was when at the start.
The dust and grime were worked upon
‘Till they slowly disappeared.
And with the construction finished
It sparkles bright and clear.
The man then walks away
With satisfaction in his soul.
Finished neat, cut and trim
This will be his new abode.

3 comments:

landlooker said...

I very much like this Mary Ellen, It reminds me of me.

Anonymous said...

That's cool Mel! What inspired?

Anonymous said...

Actually I wrote it when I was working on Saturday cleaning the basement! Who know why?!