Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Quasimodo? I think not!

Well my day went well. Nothing of significance happened. I do believe that I could sail right into the olden days! I really want to dress up in a fine gorgeous gown and stroll a candle lit hall with a handsome beau. Yes this would be pleasurable indeed! We look out onto the grounds below from a small window in the castle, but quickly come away for the breeze gives a chill to the open flesh. Can't you see it all now? We find comfort by a large fire with friends and family. The jesters play a quiet calming tune to sooth the soul. The noble man's sleepy hounds lay dazed by the fireplace as courtiers relax with a glass of dark red wine. The stone floor is cold to the feet so we travel around in stalkings and slippers. The orange flames still dance on the stone wall. I sigh. This day has been a lovely one.

3 comments:

landlooker said...

Very Nice! I would have to say I agree with you, I would like very much to back to that sometimes. Especially since back then, my family was rich and prosperous, Dukes and knights and all that rubbish. My luck though, I would end up the Mute farmhand, and spend my existence mucking out horse stalls. Quite the capital picture indeed.

Anonymous said...

Aww... sappiness Melly! ; ) I would like that too. Especially the... er... handsome beau. Well, what chick wouldn't! The only thing would be that we couldn't blog back then. We'd have to just write eachother long letters. Or still have that old-maid cottage in the woods, and have Stanley and Titus come to call, and serve them... (what was it???) oh, milk! ; ) I'd like that. As long as Mr. Travis could come also. Maybe.... Sir Titus could save another kitten for you, too. Awww!

Anonymous said...

It was mighty cute when Sir titus saved the kitten and then asked you to take care of it!!! awwwww....sigh.......milk was the only thhing that popped into my mind at the time Ok!