Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Little 'Bout Love

...So this is a bit of stuff that I thought was interesting... enjoy! :)

"Lovers are normally face to face, absorbed in each other; friends. side by side absorbed in some common interest."
~C.S. Lewis "The Four Loves "

...we somehow think a godly Christian is one who can pre-heat the oven without cooking the roast.
~Douglas Wilson on dating in "Her Hand in Marriage"

...Tell her that she should look at every boy that attracts her with these thoughts in mind;
  1. "Would I want to be married to that guy?"
  2. "Is he the best there is?"
  3. "Is it time yet?"

"Unless a man is prepared to ask a woman to be his wife, what right has he to claim her exclusive attention? Unless she has been asked to marry him why would a sensible woman promise any man her exclusive attention? It, when the time comes for a commitment, he is not man enough to ask her to marry him, she should give him no reason to presume that she belongs to him. " ~ Elizabeth Elliot

"I don't want you to even think about a man unless you respect him as you respect me." Father talking to his daughter. ~Douglas Wilson in "Her Hand in Marriage"

Reverence: 1 A feeling of profound awe and respect and often love; veneration. 2 An act of showing respect; especially, an obeisance. 3 The state of being revered.

Well y'all next time I'll post something more than quotes and stuff. These are just some cool things that I read that stuck out in my mind. TTYL!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel! I recognize most of those quotes actually. Pretty cool. I like not thinking of a guy unless you respect him as you respect your father. If you can't, then something's wrong! With him or with you.

Okay, ttyl sister.
~Norah

landlooker said...

I really like those quotes, I wish more people would understand them and live that way.

Emily said...

I like this Mares! it reminded me of when I read it a while back. there's some good stuff there, I like the 3rd one the best.
~Ems

Emily said...

I mean 4th LOL

Sandal the Flip Flop said...

I read most of these before but they are good. You must post a normal day I mean you can always find something about your daily life. well I think that I am going to break up with you as a friend ;)

I got the story so it worked this time. I sent one to the author.

sanny

Mary Ellen said...

You did send a character to the auther sanny? I need to know! Hey Ya'll I like these too. Don't worry I'll post something normall next time! TTYL!