Thursday, February 1, 2007

I Gotta Brand New... ?

Yeehaw! It's a brand new month! This is great (A brand new crush sounds great!)! I can't wait 'till the second Saturday! Partially because we'll have to clean the whole house and mostly 'cause a million people will be here (and the Fries'). I can't wait! We'll all have to remember to have Paul play chopsticks. That is the most rock on piece in the world! Sweetness! I'm so happy! Also the sun stays around longer. I love the late spring and early summer!

Seriously have you ever heard of GMO's (genetically mortified organisms)? Well you should really take a look at it sometime. Here's a piece of an article off the Internet... it should freak you out.

Tomatoes generally get softer as they ripen because of a protein in the tomato that breaks down the cell walls of the tomato, which makes it difficult to transport a quality ripe tomato across the country. The Flavor Savor Tomato had a gene spliced into its DNA to prevent the breakdown of the tomatoes’ cell walls. The result of the incorporation of the new gene is a firm ripe tomato for consumers on store shelves.

Can you imagine how terrible and bad for you that is?!!! The worst part is that companies/ producers etc. don't even have to tell you that your food is genetically modified. It's pretty sick!

Well I'd better go do some school! TTYL!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard of GMO's, and people who got seriously ill from them. Pretty disgusting! I mean, you can't really stop these companies from using them but you'd think they should be made to tell you what kind of crap you're ingesting! It's really bad for you.

So who's your brand new crush gonna be? I hope you're not thinking of stealing Georgiana's guy!!!

It's kind of weird, usually when you post I'm on the computer too checking email and everyone's blogs. Funny!

I'm cyber-stalking you again!!

~Fabio

Mary Ellen said...

Heck No! I'd never steal Georgiana's guy! No offence but he's not my type! I'm still waiting for my hero! TTYL Fabiola!
~ Henrieta

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness! You'd probably not live too long if you tried it. ; )

Kendra Row said...

Don't forget, you guys all have to watch The Future of Food. I bookmarked it on your computer. They're coming out with an updated version (it was made in 2004) this year so I'm thinking about ordering it when it's available. It's very interesting.