Saturday, February 24, 2007

All Aglow!

I've always wondered what it would look like if everyone who was saved (by Jesus' blood) had this glow about them. You know, like physically. Lets say you're walking down the street in a city. The sky is dark and cloudy and you're are passing millions of people on there way to Who-Knows-Were. What would it be like if the saved people glowed? Would there be enough light to brighten the city? Sometimes when I'm not concentrating on the sermon in church (being immature) I'll look around at everyone sitting in the pews and wonder how many of us would be "lit up". What would we do if one of those people was dark and didn't have that glow?

What made me want to write about that? Well just the other night my little brother Channing came downstairs and wanted to talk to Mom. Jenn, Em and I had been talking to her about some important issues but somehow this "trumped" it all. We thought that maybe someone wet the bed or had some medical issue. We kept on talking and soon forgot about it.
When Mom came down stairs we of course wanted to know what was up. She told us to guess what the best thing for a parent to see happen to their child was. We threw some random guess till she told us.
I guess Isaac had been talking to the little boys about God and stuff related. He told me that he'd told them that night, "You could die tonight and the only thing that had kept you from getting saved was your fear to talk to Mom." Soon after their talk Chan came to talk to Mom. I bet that's what did it. Then the next night when Mom was putting Patrick to bed he told her he wanted to get saved too!!! All I can say is this is so amazing! Praise God!

P.S. Some people might disagree but man! Through all his faults Isaac is alot more mature in the important areas than most kids his age and lots that are older!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I guess it's just cuz y'all have had little bro syndrome all these years. I always thought of him more as my friend than my friend's annoying little bro. But like you said, PRAISE GOD, that's great! Give Isaac a "holy kiss" from me (I think it might be a little better if it came through you, lol) ; )and give the little boysers ones too! That's awesome!

landlooker said...

we were talking about it today, I am amazed and very thankful. It is really the most important day of your life. I also like what you wrote about the glow, it is something I have also thought about. It sure would be interesting to just look around and see it for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Wow Mary I am so happy for your family it is a wonderful thing I have been thinking that Isaac was a lot more mature I decieded this about four months ago but now I have something to go by I almost cried when I read about them getting saved I jsut wish I was braver so I could talk to stangers about this wonderful thing.
Thank Isaac for me tell him that I will still pick on him though. Love you doll sanny

Mary Ellen said...

Yah guys! It really is exciting. I was putting Paddy to bed last night and he had to quick mark the day off on his calander. Well one of the days had this face and a 'P' on it (I couldn't tell but it looked kind of piratey) so I asked him what that was all about. He said that the face was a smiley face cause he was so happy he 'cause he was saved that day, and the 'P' was for Patrick. It was so cute!!!
Well I'll talk to ya'll later!
~Mary

~Courtney Jo~ said...

That is so awesome Mary Ellen! :) I know this is a pretty old post, but it is so cool to see how God uses people to share His great news of Jesus Christ! Very cool, praise the LORD for the work He has done in the lives of your siblings! :)