Thursday, April 5, 2007

What is too forward?

Today we happened to be talking about some dude who happens to be a new interest for one of the chicks who live in my house. My older brothers happened to be at home and were eating dinner with us. My brothers were trying to convince "her" to text the dude, while my mother was protesting this idea, saying that it was not appropriate. My brothers made some statements about "him" already liking "her" so if she showed interest in him that would help him... uh... pursue her so to speak. They said something like "he was afraid" of her and stuff like that. Now I have heard that when a guy likes a girl he is so afraid that he will mess up, that he's not good enough, and all those things. So what is too forward for a girl to do? Is flirting ridiculous? Is calling him on the phone unacceptable? How about texting? You know that isn't the same as a conversation. Is hanging around and being friendly o.k. or should a girl just sit around and wait for Mr. Handsome to approach her? What is too forward for a girl/woman? I want to know what you think!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well.... there is a difference between what I think would be right/wrong and what I'd actually do. I, myself, would never call/text/initiate conversation with a dude, just b/c I would not do that. "My" guy will have to pursue me. That doesn't mean I'm playing hard to get, but if he wants me he's going to have to do a little work! Now all that doesn't mean I think it's wrong to initiate contact with a guy though, but I'm not ready to lay down what I think is right and wrong, a lot of it has to do with the circumstances.

kc said...

What Norah said.

Anonymous said...

I think I know who it is and I am not going to tell but I think they would be great togather and I would more then likely do the wrong thing so I will not state any oppion of course I have already done the wrong thing this girl has had some bad exsperiences already will she ever learn what is right and what is not? over all i think we can all learn from her exsperiences. so I will just ramble to myself instead of here

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Ellen said...

What do you mean Sannels? You have done something wrong? I thought the worst it got was flirting once at camp? Maybe I am mistaken!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh Yah! well I have e-mailed the guy I liked! that is like you know just as bad as callem up on the phone! So yah well luckly I e-mail alot of guys you know I have a bunch of dudes I e-mail! so who did you have to delete the comment from!