Monday, April 16, 2007

The Viennese Ball!!!

Saturday was a blast! I had so much fun! I went to the worlds largest Viennese ball (that is outside of Vienna)! I left early with Em. She had to get there early for her harp stuff. I went with all the people from church (Rochelle and Chris, Leah, Jim, William, Beth and Jacob C.) and we walked down by the river to take pictures. It was a really pretty area. We had to wait till six o’clock before they would let people into the ball. And dancing didn’t start till eight-thirty so we just walked around. Actually Chrissie and I went and sat around on the couches near wear Em was playing with the harp ensemble.
Finally dancing started! Waltzing was first. I only danced two waltz’s out of the whole time!!! That’s o.k. with me cause I’m terrible at waltzing. It was awesome watching the pro’s spin around the room. Gees, it seemed like eternity though before the band started to play! (the orchestra and band rotated every hour) I love swing dancing! The faster the better baby! Well actually polka is a bit to fast for me. Most of the swinging I did with Christine. Yeah she’s pretty good! ;)

It was so much fun seeing all the people in fancy gowns and tuxedos! There were a lot of elegant ladies there and quite a few with obnoxious dresses that only cover a fourth of their chest. That figures though. Anyways I waited all night to dance to In The Mood! …The best and most popular big band, swing dance song! That was the last song I danced to. The orchestra came back after that and it was twelve-thirty by then and Dad and Mom wanted us to come home. So we did. I guess everyone else went to Perkins afterward. Oh that reminds me; Chris and I saw this guy who had waited on us last time we went out to eat as a group. I think his name was Mike. lol! =D
But anyways…! I actually didn’t get very tired. I really enjoyed it. I’m glad I went!

9 comments:

kc said...

That sounds sooo awesome. I LOVE dancing...we should ahve a dance instead of writing class...lol.

Anonymous said...

I does sound like fun but I am glad I did not go. maybe next year I might have a little more money laying around. You looked so HOT! mary sizzling gal.


sanny

Anonymous said...

Yeah well I don't know about the earings. Hmmmm maybe I was making a fasion statment or something! They were cool though. Who knows! =D

Hey I was actually thinking that would be fun just to plan a small dance with everyone we know! Wouldn't that be fun? What kind of dancing do you like KC?

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun Melly baby, and you did look VERY pretty. I personally still don't like those earrings, but what the heck, they weren't that bad.

Anonymous said...

I like the earings I would not say they were the best thing ever but I had no problem with them! ah me and Norah most generally don't agree on a lot of stuff but we still like each other at least I think!

Anonymous said...

Heck yes sister, I think I agree w/ you on more things than I do w/ Mel, considering how much we argue. ; )

Mary Ellen said...

hahaha! Yep you guys tend to have quite contrary opinions! But opposites attract i guess. So go figure! And yet they say people with simularitys get along. What the heck! Would you make up your mind peoples?!! =) That is why relationships never work at our age. You have to reach the point where you don't care about that stuff and then you'll make progress. Hmmmmm... ;l

kc said...

I like dancing in general. But I don't know any REAL dances, like you would dance at a ball.

I have been trying to figure that out for myself. I notice I am attracted to guys who are outgoing and talented and crazy. So pretty polar opposites of myself. And I think that whoever you marry should balence you out...like if I married a crazy guy then I would help keep him focused and grounded...but I also think that it could happen that you could end up with a guy who is just like you...thats how my last fellow was...Norah knows how that ended up.

hmmmmmm...

-Kc

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think you almost have to have simular tastes in stuff and like to do the same things but when it comes to personality maybe that's where the opposite stuff comes in.

Hey KC! some time we should get together and we can teach you the Virginia Reel! That would be so sweet!