Sunday, April 8, 2007

Lucky to be Me

I am not as beautiful as some girls may be
My outward appearance is not exciting to see.
My hair is not golden like the morning sun,
A midnight black, or a bright crimson.
It is not brunette as the colors in fall.
There is no specific name that it I may call.
Still I am content as to how I be,
My eyes are blue and kind possibly.
My smile is crooked but I don’t care,
I use it for conveying joy I wish to share.
And as for the young men that I have met,
I feel as though I have not come upon my hero just yet.
I practice love on those that I hold dear
So that someday my husband I may love much more still.
Some people will laugh at what I have to say
And tell me I will forget these thoughts one day.
But in the direction of the Lord I will be
And for now I am content and lucky to be me.

3 comments:

landlooker said...

This is very good Mary Ellen, Very good indeed...

Anonymous said...

I like this Mel! I like your poems. They are good.

Anonymous said...

I loved it I can so say this as me! we can both quote it! for my hair is some type of color