Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Out of Season

I like this one better although it's out of season... :)


~The Pleasures of Fall~
On the morrow I will rise and watch the morning sun,
The flowers will wake afresh to hear the jay birds hum.
T’will see the turning leaves, orange, yellow and brown,
And watch as they drop from the trees above to fall on the frozen ground
Across the field I hear the creek rumble on it’s way,
Imagine the places where it might be tomorrow or the very next day.
The orchard is full of laden trees with juicy apples, red,
The weeds and such are dry and brown, the wind their seeds will shed.
T’will see the farmer drive down the rows with his horses that stand so tall,
And soon I’ll see him harvest his crops, oh the pleasures of fall!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that was very good! But there's a few things.... ; )

"jay birds hum." Do they really?!?

"T’will see" The contraction should be " 'twill " if used at all... it's shortening the word "it" though, so unless you're referring to yourself as an unsexed object, you should say "I" or something, as you say "On the morrow I will rise..." !

"might be tomorrow or the very next day." This seems like saying "tomorrow - or tomorrow".

"the wind their seeds will shed." Technically this is okay. But also technically... the wind isn't shedding anything itself! It's helping the plants shed their seeds.

Oh well. It's still good. Very good, in fact! And you do know I'm the "spell chick".... OK now that's corny. ; )

Love you Henry! Keep writing awesome sappy poems!

~FABIO

Anonymous said...

Hey Ya'll! That's interesting. I can see what you mean about the T'will/'twill. I guess I've never thought about it that much. Most likely from now on I'll do it correctly... hopefully! :)
Henry... the Brave at heart.

Sandal the Flip Flop said...

Brave heart I thought you were the Romantic I liked it even with its problems in fact it adds a little flavor to it!!!!! see you dudes in the funny papers sanny

Mary Ellen said...

Well thanks sandal! :)

Anonymous said...

It was good, ya know! I'm just always the spell chick..... that's so dryly not even funny I'm not going to say it anymore. ; )

So my computer's been letting me post all day, but I just tried to post some more lyrics and it wouldn't let me. Darn.

Mary Ellen said...

Hey Nory! You should post some of your poems (if you haven't already)! They rock. And hey it nice to have a human spell checker! I'm not the greatest at grammer so it's nice to have someone a bit more learned in these areas.! :)

Anonymous said...

So I thought you were going to post...?

I should post some of those poems. I already did one of them. I just don't want to type them up! I really should though.

Norah