Sunday, January 28, 2007

More Than Just A Book

I've been watching those Richard Jordan tapes and they are really good. There was one thing that really got my attention though. Mr. J's been pointing out that God and the Bible have the same characteristics and are basically the same/equal. Also John 1:1 says In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Well he was talking about how when you read the Bible that the attitude that you read it with is going to decide how much you are going to come away with. I hope that makes sense. Well anyways then he gave this example: So you read your Bible just cause. You know we should really read some each week. But you really don't read it with excitement, delight, willingness to learn and any more respect than you would any other book.
So if God were standing there and told you something or to do something would you just sit there and yawn or decide to go do something else? Or would you be amazed and totally obedient, willing and ready to do whatever.
You know I guess I've never thought of this but the Bible really isn't any different than God... if you get my point. It really makes you think doesn't it!

1 comment:

Sandal the Flip Flop said...

I he bearly tuoched on that in the one I sawbut I had never thought of that before! it is so right I mean at one piont I really did not want to read it but I thought I should but I did not get a thing out of it. If you are not willing to get anything out of it you then why bother reading it for you will not get anything out of it.

later sanny