Sunday, January 17, 2010

Piña colada

This past weekend has been a rather exciting one.

On Friday night we had a little girl party with six little girls (including my little sister). They were very happy little campers who made friendship bracelets and watched Felicity.

Saturday I milked in the morning and then spent the afternoon with Sandy, Matt, Stacy and Kevin. Sandy, Matt and I went to McD's.... and then decided to go to the park with Stacy and Kevin. That was a silly thing to do because it was covered in snow and we all had wet socks and shoes by the time we left. Then we went to Stacy's. Of course we decided we should watch a movie and eat junk food so Sandy, Matt and I ran to SuperValue and he bought a box of chocolates (at my request) two bags of chips, some tv dinners for his own personal use later, and ice cream! Then we rented a 'chick-flick' of course. I don't remember the name though. :P
The movie was cute and entertaining but I guess I wasn't impressed.

Recently I've been watching movies more closely for bad content and worldliness (were as before I was always making excuses for inappropriate things).
Anyways I haven't been very pleased but that is only to be expected with movie coming from the world. Advertising fornication, adultery, lying, drunkeness... pretty much anything that the Bible warns a person against. Now of course it is impossible to avoid these things completely, considering we live in this present world. Nevertheless to allow your mind to absorb all the ungodliness of this world (that is commonly saturated in the media and Hollywood entertainment) on a regular basis seems like a rather foolish thing to do.

Saturday night I milked cows again but was surprised with a visit from some of our good family friends, the Gittos. Laura Gitto, who is my age, helped me with the milking and even with a few problems during the process we got done an hour earlier than I would have, had I milked by myself! They stayed until 12:30 a.m. so needless to say I slept in this morning until 10!!!

Emily and Jacob and Jed and Kendra are here. We're enjoying pina coladas and preparing delicious burgers and jojo's for dinner. =)
Daniel's milking tonight so he'll probably bring Jacqui and Brad along to hang out while he's in the barn.

4 comments:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

:) That sounds like a wonderful weekend me deary! I bet it was so great to have a visit with some good family friend's!
p.s. are jojo's like sloppy joe's or bbq?

Mary said...

no jojo's are like potato wedges that you could get from KFC or other restaurants (except we don't deep fry ours)!
They are really tasty. =)

~Courtney Jo~ said...

Oh yum! That sounds fantastic! :D I will have to try those someday~!

Mary Ellen said...

oh yes!!!! ♥