Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Empathy

These days I feel like I have a lack of empathy. I could care less about what I'm doing or what happens around me. Don't take me wrong... I'm not completely senseless, but maybe just discouraged.
I know what I need to do. I know why I need to do it. I know how I should feel and I know why I should feel other than I do.
But I just can't seem to brake the spell.
On top of that my birthday is in three days. I'm not sure whether I should be excited or upset. You can't change it one way or another though, and I plan to live to be quite old and happy so I'm going to have to snap out of it!

I'm reading this great book. It's called, "All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten" by Robert Fulghum.
Oh my word... if you want to spend your time well wasted this is the book to read!!! I'm sure the people who I live in the same house with me must have thought something must have been wrong because every two to five I would laugh hysterically.
This Robert Fulghum really knows how to bring the world into perspective.
Trust me. This read is worth your while.
To give you an example here is the back cover:

"Most of what I really need to know about how to live and what to do and how to be I learned in kindergarten. Wisdom was not at the top of the graduate-school mountain, but there in the sandpile as Sunday School. These are the things I learned:

Share everything.
Play fair.
Don't hit people.
Put things back where you found them.
Clean up your own mess.
Don't take things that aren't yours.
Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
Wash your hands before you eat.
Flush.
Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you.
Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some.
Take a nap every afternoon.
When you go out into the world, watch out for traffic, hold hands, and stick together.
Be aware of wonder.

A comical, lighthearted and true view of life. =)
There are libraries everywhere.... and bookstores just down the road.
Go pick up a copy!!!!

As for me I still have a few pages left so if you'll excuse me... I'm going to go and read.

No comments: