Friday, January 1, 2010

By the Light of the Moon

What do you do when the moon is full, there's a nice layer of snow, ice.... and more snow, and it's only two degrees out?
Why, you go cross-country skiing of course!

Which is exactly what I did tonight with three of my brothers, Isaac, Channing and Patrick. =)
We journeyed down our back driveway, and then proceeded over a barbed wire fence (skis still on) and down a steep hill (where I made the mistake of actually going down the steepest part -after being warned not to- and there hit a small piece of wood or something and belly flopped). Then feeling like I just lost a few brain cells in the crash, we crossed another fence and slid down Kay Road. Then we found an opening into on of our fields and glided across the snow to my cousin's, the Meyer's house.
Well before we got there we carved "♥ 2010" into the snow... boy that was tricky on skis! lol
Soooo.... when we got to the Meyers we snuck up to a window and started singing "Hark the Harold Angels Sings."

Uuuunnnfortunately... they were gone. =(

...but they happen to have a great tubing hill so Paddy and Channing decided to go for a couple trips down it.

By the time we proceeded homeward... we were all getting a little cold and anxious, and attempted to hurry back through the field, down the road... and up and then back down a hill. lol

This is my family's winter tradition.

...and now here I sit drinking hot cocoa.

So if you ever come visit me in the winter and there's a full moon, you can be sure to come along on a swell adventure like this one. =)

1 comment:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

:) Sounds so excellent deary! I love Osseo adventures!! I hope to partake in one again soon! ehe!

p.s. barbed wire ski crossing!? You are amazing!