Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Poem

There comes a day once a year
The young look forward, the older fear
First eager to grow each day
Later worried about turning grey
The littles ones brag, "I'm seven AND 1/2!!!"
The adult, so coy, "Oh please don't ask!"
What they adult is lacking, the child knows
See each day you grow older wrapped in bows...
For the time we have here is very short,
One of these days this life we'll abort
There comes a day once a year
A gift from God, nothing to fear

by Mary Grace Stibral

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

This poem is written by one of my dear friend's sisters who I have not yet had the pleasure to meet. =)

~Courtney Jo~ said...

Wow! I like this poem! Life through the eyes of a child can be so much more beautiful. :)

P.S. I found some pictures from Osseo to stick on my pic. blog! I'll search to see if I have any more. <3