Friday, April 5, 2013

Rhubarb Wine

My dad and I finally got around to bottling our 2012 vintage rhubarb wine ...opening up a carboy to make room for this year's round of new wine.
Mmm.... this is some of the best yet though! It's a pretty satiny, creme color. Smooth and yet dry. We like our wine dry. Definitely a favorite! And who would have thought that a simple garden plant with poisonous leaves could make something so sweet?!!! Next time, skip making rhubarb crisp and make yourself some rhubarb wine. :)
Anyways, I thought I'd share a picture or two.


 My dad and I sipping our wine!! :)







 I'd just finished making the labels. 
It can be pretty hard actually since the ink can smear and the masking tape isn't quite the ideal label. 
One of these days we might branch out and get real labels.

Proverbs 3:9-10 
Honour the Lord with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

No comments: