Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Dreamin' Big!

You know that silly question people ask you sometimes, "If you could go anywhere in the world that you want where would you go?" ...that's not such an easy question to answer. Especially if you've never traveled much. How does one decide upon a destination? England, France, Ireland, Japan, Mexico? ...there's a lot of places that sound pretty cool. 
 But I googled pictures of Italy the other day and I fell in love. 
Maybe it's just the way the entertainment industry has created the image of a big group of a happy Italian family sitting out of doors on a sunny day sharing a good laugh over a plate of spaghetti? 

 Maybe it's the simple and yet very elegant architecture... big archways, beige walls and the skinny tall trees.


 Or maybe it's the abundance of vineyards of the finest grapes in the world...


I'm not really sure what it is about Italy that intrigues me. ....maybe it's just that Italy reminds me of home. My home where the simple country architecture allows productivity. Where there are beautiful grapes and fruits and crops growing from God's bountiful earth. 
My home... where the family sits around a table sharing laughs over some of the best home-cooked meals. 

So really, who needs to travel when my own shrubby, gangly country land is the best place on earth?





home, where we make all our best memories
a child's paradise and a grown man's dream
to share learning and laughing with beloved family
home is the heart of the land of the free

No comments: