Friday, December 31, 2010

For Auld Lang Syne

It is nearing the end and the beginning once again. Some people will stay up late and watch a ball drop. Some people will sleep through midnight, without care. 
I won't be watching the ball drop but I probably will be watching the clock and hanging out with my family. I just made eight cups of coffee and we should be stoked enough to make it to midnight. I used to feel kind of mournful that I'd be leaving something that would never come back again... but I'm past the age where I get sad when change is inevitable. Tomorrow is another day for opportunely. Another day in this incredible, complex universe created by our gracious Heavenly Father.

2010 has been a great year! There was nothing that was too terrible, no mountains too high, or roads too long. 
Speaking of roads, I went on the most awesome road trip with my two awesome friends Courtney and Sandy!! Three of my friends got married and I had the privilege of serving in all of their weddings in some way or another. I graduated from High School this year and was able to share my graduation party with my good friend Norah. I turned 18 this year and I finally got my drivers license.
The only unfortunate event was my brother Daniel & his family moving to Arizona in February. BUT... that has a bit of a happy ending as well. I found out a few months ago that I have unlimited texting and I can text my brother whenever I want! It's great! =D I also have a brand new nephew as of August 10th!!
I've meet some new people and was able to see old friends that I haven't seen in forever. I've traveled places I'd never been before. Learned lots of new things. Enjoyed many great moments with people I care about. 

I can't complain.

So the day will come to a close taking with it the end of a year. We will rise tomorrow to face the adventures of another 365 days knowing that there is "nothing new under the sun". 

And to end of this lovely year with a classic that those in years past have sung.......

1 comment:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

:) Spending time with the family sounds like a good way to the end the year.

I sure agree with you 2010 was an excellent year! Especially that awesome road trip! It sure was the highlight of my year! :D

So- Cheers to a New Year! I'm sure there will be many great new memories to be made!