Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crazy Things!

These days the time seems to move at a perfect pace. Fast enough so that I'm not bored waiting for the next hour to arrive... but slow enough so I don't get that shocked feeling every time another month comes to pass. It won't be long before Christmas day is here, but it seems like it's been December for a long while.
I'm pretty sure it has to do with how full my days are. With this big snow storm we had and the temperature below zero a lot, there is rarely a boring moment. It seems like there are always cows getting out (why do they always pick the worst weather to misbehave??) and it turns out this storm we had was a record. A lot of the folks who have lived and worked here for decades, even their whole lives, are saying they've never seen that much snow fall on one day.
My sister saw somebody skiing down her street in town the day of the blizzard!! And there were people who got stuck in the drifts on their way home during the blizzard that called for help and couldn't get rescued! They announced on the news that no emergency vehicles would be on the road because it would be to dangerous.
I think it took my dad 2 full days to remove snow enough to make things relatively normal again. He even had to plow paths through the dry cow pasture so that he could feed the cows!! Thank goodness we have a skid-steer!!! The Viking's stadium collapsed, and it sounds like there were other buildings that fell in from all of the snow (15 freestall -cow housing- buildings around our area that collapsed). There's a thing going around on facebook: "I survived the blizzard of 12/11/10"

Nevertheless, on the bright side of things... there is plenty of snow for sledding. My siblings and I were out on our hill (we call it Table Rock) fixing up our sledding hill. We're lining it with tires..... kind of making it similar to a luge track. =) Fast and furious! hehe! On top of that, it is the "most wonderful time of the year!" Christmas lights, decorations.... great songs on the radio (although I'm not very fond of the Santa Claus ones) and.... our X-milk plant (we switched to a different one recently...) just dropped off a Christmas present of cheese!!! =D I don't think any of our other X-milk plants have given us a present after we left. I don't think I'm going to complain.. I love cheese!

Anyway, lots of stuff whirling around in my head.... sorry if it's all kind of sporadic. So now for another full day... piano lessons, shopping for my mom while I'm in town, milking cows tonight.... and who know what else will pop into my schedule. Something crazy always happens.

Until next time...

1 comment:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

I have to agree with you Mary El! The days like you described are just perfect! This is one nice thing about winter! I think everything slows down a bit! .. at least while you are driving! ;)

I can't believe they wouldn't let the emergency vehicles out on the highway! I can understand it, but those poor people! I'm sure that was quite an adventure they will remember!

:) Sledding on Table Rock! Woodedo! That must be loads of fun!

Wow! Your X milk plant sure is generous! Free cheese is great any day!

Have fun milking the cows tonight, and don't forget to practice your piano. ;)

l.o.l.
lots of love ;)