Saturday, December 11, 2010

Blizzard (and not the tasty kind)!

24 inches in less than 24 hours, and it hasn't stopped yet! The drifts are at least 3 feet high. The wind is blowing at 21 mph with 32 mph gusts! ...it stings your eyes!!! 
We can't see past the creek.... which is only a quarter of a mile from our house. 

white.
white.
white.

 Then....... once it's done snowing and all of the clouds go away, the temperature is going to drop below zero, by 20 degrees. I milked this morning (and as you know I usually only milk once a day) but I'm going to milk tonight with my brother Isaac since the conditions are so terrible. In fact my mom was even telling us what to do in case the electricity goes out and  we're in the parlor. In essance..... we'll be stuck there because if we leave the parlor and can't see the house we could, die! ..... kind of funny, but not really. 
If you look at a weather map in motion for our area you'll see a huge swath of blue......... that is sitting over us, barely moving. 
Right about now I could use some snow shoes, skiing goggles, more gloves, hot chocolate to keep me warm.... the list goes on. But I won't be able to send a list to Santa Claus because the mail man will never be able to get down the roads!!!! 
Anyhoooooo.... I hope you are warm on this White Christmasy night. ;)

1 comment:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

Brrrrrr! It sounds quite cold!!
I couldn't imagine if you and your brother got stuck in the parlor!
Hmmm. I guess you're going to have to keep that list for your birthday! hahaha! :D Lots o' love!