Tuesday, June 4, 2013

"Whosoever findeth a wife..."

It is time for another wedding in the family, and Isaac is the lucky fellow of the day!!!

 
How did this all come about? It's really quite an adventurous story:
Isaac decided to get on a Christian dating site (just for kicks) and saw a girl that he liked, who seemed to fit the 'qualifications'. The trick was that the website would let you view people's profiles but required a $30 fee before they'd let you contact anyone. Because he didn't have a credit card he couldn't sign up to the website to contact Brittany.

....

It took him two weeks to find her on Facebook.

Isaac had a job and was living in Tennessee but dropped it all to move back to WI and meet Brittany. Isaac's never been the sort to mess around with life. He knows what he wants and sets out to get it. Not exactly the average fellow, as he would tell you himself, but clearly there are times when decisiveness pays off.

I can't tell you exactly how long it's been but I know they've been dating for something like 3 months. As of right now it sounds like the wedding will be in a year. Isaac would speed up the process if he could (I think two weeks is a more suitable time frame to him) but a little extra time would definitely make planning a wedding much less stressful. I would know since my three oldest siblings all got married in 2-3 months from the time of engagement! Talk about a whirlwind!

Parents do set the pace it seems and I doubt that any of my siblings will come close to Mom and Dad's three weeks of knowing each other, three months of letter writing, and two weeks of engagement. I don't think there was any dating in there. Talk about jumping the gun. ;) So, we have them to thank for all of these crazy siblings of mine and their ideas of short and sweet relationships/engagements!

Isaac and Brittany called last night to talk with Mom about some wedding ideas. It reminded me of Brad Pasley's song, "All You Really Need Is Love":

So you say you wanna tie the knot
And you're askin' me if I think that the two of you have got
What it takes to make it work
Well one thing's for sure
All you really need is love

Let me say I'm happy for you both
And here's a little something that the two of you should know
If you want to do it right
Just take my advice
All you really need is love

And a license and a blood test and a bunch of invitations
A minister, a white dress, and of course a congregation
And flowers and music and candles and cake
And a bunch of rice for folks to throw as you drive away

Now what's that expression on your face
You're lookin' kind of pale, is everything OK
Don't worry you'll be fine
If you just keep in mind
All you really need is love

And bridesmaids and groomsmen and a wedding coordinator
And food for the reception, you'll need someone to cater
Did I forget to mention it'll take a couple rings
And of course a P.A. system if you're wantin' me to sing

Now you look so happy you could cry
And that explains the tear drops I see wellin' in your eyes
Don't worry you'll be fine
If you just keep in mind
All you really need is love

I'm sure I'm tellin' you something you already knew
All you really need is love

There's a lot of work that goes into planning a wedding now-a-days. The average wedding costs somewhere around $25,000. Where exactly people come up with that much cash for a wedding is beyond me. Nevertheless, I look forward to seeing what sort of plans Brittany has in mind and helping out if they should need my services.  I'm sure she will be such a lovely bride and Isaac a very handsome groom.

I'm very proud of my little brother for picking out a very lovely ring:


We are all excited to be able to welcome Brittany into our family and are looking forward to getting to know her better AND we're super glad that Isaac has found such a wonderful woman!



In summery we have the wise words of Kind Solomon:  "Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord." -Proverbs 18:22

....or as my brother Channing stated, "Another one bites the dust."

No comments: