Wednesday, June 5, 2013

June Hymn and Dark Chocolate

I had to run an errand for my parents this afternoon. It was a good day for a drive. Rain shimmering on the road, headlights, smokey clouds rising off the trees. I turned on my car stereo and added some tunes to the atmosphere. 


The Decemberists song, "June Hymn" came on and lyrics of yellow bonnets and jasmine reminded me of how unusual all of this cold weather and rain has been. About this time of year it feels like summer is in full swing, all of the irises are already past bloom, the garden is well on it's way and a pleasant stroll down a country road to view the long rays of the sunset is a regular occurance. Not this year. We keep indoors as the heaven pours forth all of the rain it kept from us last year. Wet, damp, ...accompanied by the green hues we've missed for so long. 

As I ambled about Eau Claire I was told to stop at a grocery store to pick up some goods for my folk. I breezed past isles of merchandise when suddenly, there stood the row of assorted chocolates. It didn't take me long to settle on a large bar of 85% dark chocolate. As I carried my bag of purchased items to my car I grinned like a little child..... and I hadn't even sampled the chocolate yet!!! Just buying it can bring about happiness!! I couldn't wait to get home before partaking of the savory, rich goodness though and I tasted it right there in my car! ...let me tell you, it was worth every penny. Health and happiness, wrapped in a golden foil? Sheesh... I felt like Charlie (from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) when he found his golden ticket.... only my prize was the chocolate.

Anyways.... I've said enough about dark, rich, delicious chocolate. Let's just say, it's not something to be taken lightly. ;)
O.K. that was horrible, I know. You'll forgive me. 

 I'm off now to milk the cows..... maybe it will go to Hersey's to make milk chocolate? ;)

No comments: