Thursday, June 30, 2011

Summer

As I stated in my last post, it is officially summer!!! After a very enjoyable 10 day visit my relatives left this morning. Towards the end of the visit the weather was finally more agreeable. It was sunny while we were at camp. We go camping every year at an Assemblies of God Church camp. We know the people who own it and they always give our clan a good deal. We stay in cabins and use their huge kitchen/cafeteria, and they are located right on Lake Nebagamon so we get to canoe, kayak, boat, swim, fish..... whatever! It is just for the weekend but this year we were able to stay longer than we have been able to in the past and we even had a few extra friends along which always makes it fun.













....now that the relatives have left there is tons of work that is to be caught up on. Today my parents and I have been weeding out the flower beds. It's pretty toasty working out there but there is a nice wind blowing that keeps working conditions bearable.
Remember my TLC garden that I posted about? ....well, one of our dogs (I have yet to discover which one it is) decided to dig everything up along the walls. I am quite dismayed and am not sure whether I want to go to all the work of putting it back together this year. It's mostly frustrating because all the ferns I had planted and were actually growing very nicely, are gone. *sigh*

Nice weather naturally means cooking inside is torture.... which means you get to grill more often. Tonight it is hamburgers. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 104 (with the heat index) and we will be grilling chicken. I have sun tea brewing out on the deck.... another bonus to the summer heat! 

The song, Knee Deep by The Zac Brown Band has been playing through my head.


Anyway, tomorrow we are expecting some missionaries who will be staying with us for a few days to work on the farm (they are setting up a farm operation similar to ours for a Teen Challenge program in the country that they are ministering to). This weekend is also the celebration of the 4th of July! My country's independence day. I'm hoping for some good fireworks displays and fellowship with friends and family! 

And with that I wish you a very happy Independence Day weekend! 

Until Next Time,
Mary Ellen

No comments: