Monday, July 4, 2011

God Bless America!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!! 

I sure hope you're out there somewhere in America right now celebrating this great country's 235th year of existence and independence! I am very proud to be an American. 
...and maybe it's not so much that I'm proud but that I'm privileged. Although this earth is not my home, I am blessed to live in a country where I am still able to praise and worship my Lord, Jesus Christ. Really, when this day rolls around every year our freedom in America is really because of our freedom in Christ. It's just like it says on our penny's: "In God We Trust".

I know the U.S.A. has it's fair share of troubles. Economy ups and downs (mostly downs these days), inflation, 3 trillion dollars in debt..... Oh and of course having Obama as our president. The list is much longer, but you get my drift. 
Nevertheless, I am quite amazed by some of my fellow citizens. I have been watching my friends on facebook and listening to the radio.... observing... and I am surprised at how unpatriotic a lot of people are. Where is the spirit?!?!? People get more excited about Santa Claus.... and play more Christmas music. Common! ...there are plenty of good patriotic songs. Why aren't the radio stations playing them more? 

So here are some of my favorites:

My all time favorite!

"I thank god for my life
And for the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly
Let it ring...
Salute the ones who died
The ones that give their lives so we
Don't have to sacrifice
All the things we love..."




And of course.... you have to have the funny commercials right? This one is a crack up! (Note: so as not to alarm you, there is a swearword at the very end)
 

I have had a wonderful day! Was able to hang out with my lovely cousins (we had ice cream with red, white and blue sprinkles!!) and I went tubing down a river with my sister, brother-in-law and a bunch of friends! Although I didn't make it to the fireworks show with my family tonight I our new (and wealthy-er-) neighbors 1/2 a mile away had quite a nice little show that I was overjoyed to see! ...and now we're having more ice cream.... (mine is going to melt if I don't go eat it!). We, as in we have our missionary guests with us still. Mrs. Johnson grew up in Germany. She met Mr. Johnson when he was stationed over there in the military. She says she is very glad to be an American citizen now. ...God Bless America! 


"We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States."

  HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

1 comment:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

it sounds like you had a wonderful fourth of July! :) I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it and celebrate the great freedom and independence of our country! :D I absolutely enjoyed all of the youtube videos you posted.. will probably listen to them throughout the week again. The ice cream looks like it was pretty tasty. .and I like the decoration. =)
I hope you are having a good week my friend~!

--Courtney