Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ramblings on Recording and Weddings

It rains outside. Rainy days are fabulous. Dad is out working with his long trench coat. Reminds me of Pride and Prejudice. Which is a good thing. 
It is a good day for writing. I started scribbling out lyrics to a song the other night while milking cows and today I finally have it all down for the most part. I came up with a tune on guitar (what us musicians would call a lick) probably two or three years ago. I could never come up with lyrics that did it justice.... but this new song really fits. I might attempt a little recording of it on my camera and post it for you to listen to. I really wish I could record my music. A real recording... with different tracks and instruments and harmony. I don't like the idea of working with someone else though because people always wish to change the music to suit their own style. That is unless you find someone who shares your musical taste. So either I teach myself how to use recording equipment or I find someone who will be kind enough to let me use their studio/equipment. 



This last weekend was Robert and Alisha's wedding. I have known Robert my whole life.... he was best friends with my big brother Daniel growing up, and so he is like a big brother to me. It was a special occasion and I'm not sure I have seen two people more suited to each other. Last minute I was given the opportunity of playing the music for the wedding ceremony. It was all recorded music on a CD and I just had to push buttons at the right time, but I was really glad to get to be a part of the special day. I also brought my camera along and took a bunch of little videos during the whole day. Taking videos is something I really like to do, but I also did it for Robert because he usually goes around at events taking funny little clips and I knew he wouldn't be able to this time. So I did it for him mostly. 
Feel free to watch them on my YouTube channel: musicianmel

Anyway, as it is such a lovely rainy day I have lots to do.... like writing, and writing, and some more writing.
...until next time. ;)

1 comment:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

Why dear darling! What a fabulous post of ramblings! I enjoyed reading it! I can't wait to hear this new song.. whether I hear it live or recording! tehe! I'll be very interested to see what it is! You have a beautiful voice, very down to earth. I like it a lot. :) The best of luck on finding a recording studio and etc;!