Saturday, March 27, 2010

Inside My World

Where I do most of my studying, creating and dreaming.

My AWESOME (and quite old) carpet.

This tree picture I copied from a post card.

Because my room is small I have to be efficient with my space.
Therefore I have created a bookshelf underneath my desk.
It is proving to be quite useful.

The South wall...

Three random pictures...
the bottom is a very famous WWII picture and a favorite of mine,
the middle is an "album" cover for the "Guacamole Girls"
(a CD that Jae, Emily and I made back in '07),
and the top (which is hard to see) is a doodle by Jed of a cowboy.

A part of the view from my bedroom window. As you can see it was taken in the winter.

The very pretty and colorful flowers that I held in my sister's wedding.

A shelf.... with assorted notebooks, penny collections, and paint brushes.

My dresser top.
btw.... the mirror is not cracked, and
the Band-aid box holds wallet sized photos of friends/people that I've collected. =D

The lid to an old shoe box that I thought was neat/fascinating.

An aloe vera plant that is baby from the original that used to be my great-grandma Meyer's.

A good deal at Borders that I stumbled upon. 32 Shakespeare books? I couldn't resist.
I have only read Romeo and Juliet though... I'll get them all read eventually. =)

I copied this out of one of my history books.

A collage of pictures that I cut out of travel magazines.

A Ralph Waldo Emerson quote.

I have this on the outside of my bedroom door
...so that when I sleep in my mom will know why.

The dead flowers that I arranged in a vase to adorn my desk. =)

A random drawing on my wall.

This is a picture my brother Daniel painted (his first painting).
He hadn't intended on giving it away, but I fell in love with it and he didn't mind giving it up.
He was just glad somebody admired it.

My many writing utensils. =) Very necessary.

The verse I have written below (in case you couldn't make it out) is Ecc. 11:7.

On the head of my bed, I have part of the chorus to the famous hymn "the Solid Rock".

I copied this lighthouse picture from a birthday card.

A reminder in case I'm caught up in the worries of this life.

The only thing I didn't draw in this picture was the leaves on the tree.
The leaves were thanks to Isaac (who has quite a talent for drawing leaves and vines).

This drawing was inspired by a view of the land to the South East of my home.

My dear friend Courtney was so kind as to grace my wall with her wonderful "stick figures"!!!
♥ THANK YOU COURTNEY!!

...Just a reminder in case I get carried away by in the downward spiral of this world.

I took this out of a book.
It has been a very helpful reminder of what is important to me.

A B-17 factory in WWII. I bought this picture at a WWII aircraft exhibit.

This is taped to my door as a reminder.

This is a pastel picture my brother Jed drew.
I found it among some other random pictures that had
long been neglected and hung it on my wall.
The shed is very similar to one we have on our farm.

My West wall.... quite covered in random drawings and pictures. =)

This is a picture my sister Emily drew.
She was showing me how to draw a sunset it's reflection on water
(because I was doing it backwards).
She didn't care to keep it so I hung it on my wall.

This is a picture my brother Jed drew... and it floated around the house for a month.
Finally I framed it and now it hangs on my wall.

This is a picture that my brother Isaac drew.
He wasn't going to do anything with it and I liked it so now it's on my wall.

The book shelf that was in my room when I moved in. The books on the top are mine.

My guitars (actually they're more like family guitars but they stay in my room)!

4 comments:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

That was an excellent fun post! :) Super good idea to do! :D
I like all the many adventurous things that adorn your room, the drawings, the paintings, the random things are all very neat! I am going to try and paint a watercolor soon, I wish I had your help! :)
Love you my dear!

Unknown said...

Awesome stuff!! You are very creative Mary Ellen!! I'm not that creative. We don't much room to put things on our wall.

Mary Ellen said...

Thank you gals!!!
I have to admit it is really fun to draw on a wall... but I don't think it's a normal thing to do in my family. I'm the first adult 'wall-drawer'. lol

Good luck Courtney!!! I wish I could be there to watch you create a beautiful masterpiece watercolor!!! =D I'm sure it will be fantastic. ;)

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to sit on your bed with you and laugh :) I miss you!