Saturday, February 6, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

It was 3:53 p.m. on a week day. Mom had been working with my younger siblings all day on school and they were still not finished.
A good friend had just come over with his muzzle loader and the older boys and my dad were out on the deck getting ready to test it out.
My little brother Patrick (9 years old), said to my mom,
"Hey Momma? ...can I go outside?"

My mom smiled and replied with a sound of surrender and sarcasm in her voice , "Fine, just go outside... I'm sick of school anyway!"
Paddy said in an all too serious tone (as he quickly put his books away before mom might change her mind),
"Good for you. I wouldn't like it either."

2 comments:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

awww, lol Patty, that is so cute! :) Children are a blessing! :)

Mary Ellen said...

Most definitely a wonderful blessing from God!