Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Charleston

I've been wanting to learn to dance the Charleston for quite some time. There's nothing that looks more amazing that those wobbly, twisty ankles and knees. =)
And I know from experience, that when you've learned a dance well it really feels great to boogie to the rhythm of the music.

Have you ever seen the movie, starring James Stuart, "It's a Wonderful Life"? If you have you might remember the part in the beginning when George Bailey and Mary are dancing the Charleston at his brother's graduation.

Here's one of my favorite video's of the Charleston in which "Al and Leon" are showing off different Charleston dance styles:



Now tell me that doesn't look like fun!!!
But... the only trick is that.. well it's pretty tricky. :P
I will get it down one of these days though! If it takes me the rest of my remaining 82 years on earth! ;)

2 comments:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

lol, oh Mary Ellen. :) I love you girly! I would definitely get a kick out of seeing you dance//learn this dance! I love your enthusiasm! ehe!

Mary Ellen said...

haha... well thank you!! =D
Maybe you can learn it with me when I see you next! ;) lol