Friday, February 19, 2010

The Current Happenings

Life never slows down it seems.

The Olympics are on and I've been watching them most nights with my family. We've watched all the big moments and cheered on Team U.S.A. We don't usually watch the television but this is our one exception... and it's not bad since the Olympics only come on every 2 years. ;)

I've been really busy with work, school, projects.... and trying to find a balance to it all. I've been working 4 milking's a week and once my brother Daniel moves I'll be working 5 milking's a week. Right now we have a deal where he borrows my car (because his truck is broken down) and he milks 3 of my milking's a month. I don't know if I'm necessarily getting a good deal, but family is family and I hope he'd do the same for me.

In a week our Church Mid-Winter Retreat/Conference will start. I can't wait!!!! I look forward to this event every year. Friends come that only see once a year usually, and it's great to get in the Word and learn new things. I'll be staying in the hotel where the conference is at with my friend Sandy and her mom and sister.
I'm REALLY hoping my friend Courtney will be able to come!!! I really want to see her soon!!!
COURTNEY.... ARE YOU COMING?!!!!
This year we're having a really great speaker, Richard Jordan, pastor of Shorewood Bible Church come (http://www.shorewoodbiblechurch.org/).
Now, this isn't just another good speaker.... this is Richard Jordan. lol Mr. Jordan has been really important in the lives of many believers and he has a really good ministery. He started Grace School of the Bible which me and my family and friends have spent many Bible Study nights watching the video tapes of the classes.

In essence a lot of the believer from my church (myself included) are really looking forward to hearing him teach in person.

Here's the information for the Retreat.... and this is also my church's website:
http://www.bereanbiblechurch.com/retreat.asp

Tomorrow we're having a little family "going away" party for Daniel, Jacqueline and Bradford. It should be fun. I'm going to have Jacqui teach me how to make her delicious, marinaded chicken. =) I don't think we'll be able to survive a summer without it and with Jacqui moving away so somebody needs to learn the recipe.

I also need to start planning my graduation party. I'm going to have a double grad. party with my good friend Norah. I'm looking forward to that as well.

This life sure has it's ups and downs, and there's never a rest is seems. There's always something more to get done, something more to start, and something more to catch up on. It's like a box of chocolates... you never know what you're gonna get. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

:) :) I am really hoping I can come!! It was absolutely wonderful talking to you on the phone m'dear! :) I love hearing about what is going on with you! My valued farmer friend, ehehe! :)

P.S. GO TEAM U.S.A.!~!~!~!