Monday, November 30, 2009

What Will Tomorrow Hold?

Thanksgiving is over... unfortunately. What a great time I had with all of my family. There was so much food and my Uncle brought some of his home brewed Stout beer (the best he's ever made everyone agreed) and cider. We had probably 15 pies (no joke). We made two "real" cherry pies which were amazing. We used the cherries that my parents had brought home from their vacation to Door County a couple months ago. My brother-in-law brought his brother along (their family had gone away to visit other relatives and he wasn't able to go along because of work) which was a nice surprise. My grandpa (my Dad's dad) was here for a holiday for the first time ever in my life. Of course him being a cook and all the ham he brought and green bean casserole was to die for. +D

Anyway... I'm quite sure I gained a couple extra pounds. lol And by the time the new year comes I'll be quite "stocked up" enough for the winter!! ;)

So.... now everyone is getting stoked for the next exciting holiday. Just a few weeks and it will be Christmas Day. Ridiculous, huh? Who decided to have all these holidays in a row? And the time really knows how to fly too! So little time, and yet so much to do and see.

Needless to say, I have this terrible urge to wake up in the morning to a foot of snow on the ground! ...To go sledding down a hill with some friends or get all dressed up at 10 p.m. with my brothers and sisters and go cross-country skiing by the light of the moon.
Then of course there are those beautiful relaxing nights, that I quite often look forward to all day long, when I can cuddle up in a blanket, drink hot cocoa or eggnog, and sit with the Christmas tree's lights twinkling happily at you.
It's that whole yuletide thing, you know? =)
Being jolly and all the presents to prepare.

I am convinced that these folks who are always waiting for the excitement to begin really miss out. See... I believe that every moment is our own, to make it into whatever we decide it shall be. So why wait for someone else to do all the work or to make ups happy? That attitude could make anyone happy. We should always be full of joy and living for the moment... because we do not know what tomorrow may hold.

No comments: