Monday, November 30, 2009

Hunting ...and all.

I forgot to mention all of the hunting stuff in my last post so I figure I'd better not leave that part out. ;)

Soooo... as you know all the guys went out opening day at 6:30 in the morning. After that first day some of them went out and sat in a field or some wood but nobody saw any deer. Later we heard that our neighbor saw numerous deer at different times but I guess either the guys just weren't patient enough or they just weren't out there at the right times. Apparently not very many people shot or even saw deer. We think that because of all the rain we had this fall and all the corn that is still standing it the problem. :/

Anyway... finally this last weekend (Saturday) four of my brothers and a two neighbors with their sons came out and did a drive. My brother Jed shot a turdy point... errr.. I mean a doe. =) Whooohoo! There are some pictures but I think I'll spare you... ;) They're a bit gruesome. lol

Then Sunday I got in from milking the cows that morning and the guys were about to go for a drive so I grabbed a blaze orange hat and sweatshirt and went with them. I figured it was a beautiful day and the exercise would be good at least. We scared out 3 deer ...unfortunately the one guy's safety wasn't working right so his gun wouldn't shoot and Jed took a shot at them but he was too far away.
Then Channing scared up a deer which was to fast for him to get a shot at but luckily he warned Daniel who luckily killed it with the first shot. =) It turned out to be a buck without horns. lol

I think in a week or two the guys will be hunting during the T-zone. Who knows what will happen then. ;)

Anyway.... I'm looking forward to the jerky.

No comments: