Friday, November 20, 2009

Thanksgiving, Hunting & Tuesday

In six days we'll all be celebrating Thanksgiving. The most neglected, most taken for granted and most important holiday of the year. For as much as we all love putting Christ back in the cradle every season... there's nothing better than a special time like this coming Thursday to gather around with all your beloved family and sincerely thank the Lord for all of the innumerable blessings he's bestowed on us.

Tomorrow the "firearm" hunting season starts. All my brothers (except Paddy because he's still to little) and a friend, will be waking up really early, before light, and trudging out into the woods in hopes of shooting a thirty point buck. =) Hopefully between all five of them someone will come home with something because there's nothing like deeply marinated venison jerky. Mmmmmm...

That irresistible, spicy flavor.... that seriously will keep you going back for more and more if you're not careful.
Sooooo.... in the spirit of the hunting season everyone has to listen to these hilarious hunting songs. ;)





This coming Tuesday is another day I'm looking forward too, as well. I guess you could call it a "girls day out" but really it will be a mission for the perfect brides maid's dress. Sandy (the bride-to-be) and Stacy, Sarah, Kay Lee and I are all going to E.C. together. I guess we're just going to spend quality time together... shop, go out to eat, and decide on a brides maid's dress. I have a suspicion that Sandy already has the dresses picked out.... I guess we'll see.
NONETHELESS... in short... I'M VERY EXCITED!!

November has been a good month. =)

2 comments:

~Courtney Jo~ said...

Oooo! :) SOUNDS SO FUN GOING WITH SANDY!!! I hope you all have a wonderful time, I know you will though!
The men all left to go hunting here too. ;) They left on Friday.. and will be back Monday, I think!
No luck yet unfortunately.. the other day it was so foggy they couldn't even see anything!
..Makes hunting a lot harder!
Good luck to your boys! ;)

Mary Ellen said...

We did have a lot of fun (Sandy and my other friends and I)!! Thanks!! ♥
Did your gents get anything???! Did they see any deer? I heard the deer were a bit scarce this year... so much so that the hunting season was almost extended (I don't know if it was or not). :P lol