Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pioneer Wedding

 On Saturday, the 13th of October, my family went to a 1870's era wedding. Rachel and Adam were such a cute couple and they set a wonderful example of courtship, purity, and honoring their parents. I was grateful to be a witness. ...and in the process we had SO MUCH FUN getting all dressed up for the time period.

A group of us on the way to the wedding, taking a break from our 3 and 1/2 hour drive.

Paddy and Nellie posing for a "farmer and his wife" photo

 Rachel & Adam's first kiss.

Right after the wedding the newlyweds hopped in a buggy for a little ride!


My family... 
or at least the few of us who were able to attend the wedding.
L-R: Emily & Jacob Crandall, Dad, Janelle, Mom, Channing, Patrick, Mary Ellen (myself)


Channing.... quite a strapping lad. ;)

Guests were allowed to go on horse-drawn wagon rides 
and rides in the "Just Married" buggy. 
This is a pretty cute picture of my parents, if I do say so myself.

My friend Sandy and I had our picture taken sawing a log when we were just wee little girls. 
We thought it would be fun to get another 
now that we've grown up a bit! =D

The boys taking their turn at the saw.

It was tricky to get a picture in the low-lighting, 
but the reception was held in a barn loft. 
The decorations and atmosphere was lovely!

3 comments:

Jazzy said...

This was a lot of fun! So sad that y'all had to miss the country dances :(

Mary Ellen said...

Ah, it was! I know right?! I was so excited to dance the Virgina Reel, but alas..... I'm glad everyone else had a fun time! =D

Anonymous said...

Hard to believe that was a year ago!

Caleb.