Friday, October 5, 2012

Green Tomato... PIE????

There's something that is rather exciting about venturing into the unknown baking world and turning something average, or what sounds like it should be disgusting, and have it turn into the most delicious treat! So it was with the green tomato pie that I baked the other night.

I followed Chef, Paula Deen's recipe that I'd found online last year (I've been wanting to make it for a long time!).






It turned out to incredibly! It's not like traditional apple or pumpkin pie, but it has it's own unique character. My mom said it tasted like mincemeat. I didn't think so.... I thought it tasted like Christmas! The orange and raisin flavors... mmmm. It was fantastic, and makes me sad to think that green tomato season is over already.

No comments: