Thursday, January 27, 2011

These Days

Life has been interesting lately. Work, play.... all sorts of good stuff. 
I had a little birthday party with a bunch of my friends! Sandy, Stacy and Matt make this huge cake that looked just like a guitar!!! It looked great (and tasted delish) and I was very impressed. You could definitely tell they'd been watching the TV show "Cake Boss" alot though. ;) We went bowling.... ate pizza, drank root beer, and went out to Culver's for ice cream afterwords!! It was a great birthday party!!

Finally we have entered that point of winter..... the halfway point... when you can start to notice the days growing ever-so-slightly longer. Only two months to go. But you never know.... we may have an early Spring!!! =D Winter isn't all bad though. Sledding parties, snowboarding..... skiing by the light of the full moon!!! I get to make a lot of cakes this time of year too. Not including my own birthday, there are 5 birthdays in my family, between the beginning of February and the beginning of March.... and I just love baking.

Winter is also a nice time to curl up on the couch and just study the Bible. I'm going through all the times the word "walk" was used in the Bible. Its very good for instruction because usually when the word walk is used it has to do with what and what not to do. So I'm calling it the study of the "Walk and Walk Not's". 
I've also been working on a quilt. I have all the blocks sewn together. Now I just have to learn to "square up" so that my quilt isn't lopsided or awkward.

Until next time..... = )

No comments: