Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Looks Can Deceive

Weather is so strange. Right now, looking out my window, I see a beautiful blue sky and the morning sun shinning on everything making it sparkle (because most everything is covered in snow or ice). And then I go click up weather.com and it tells me that looks are deceiving!!! It is really only zero degrees out (that sounds so strange) and it FEELS like fifteen below... just charming.
Which is exactly why when I'm asked if I like winter, I reply, "Oh yes, it's just lovey... as long as I can stay inside."
Nope... I don't envy my Dad and Brothers who have to go out in the mornings and at night. And having had to do so in years before, it makes me all the more greatful towards them. So I just sit in hear and do womanly chores and make sure they get their coffee when they come in! lol!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they appreciate all the coffee!

Anonymous said...

Dude... yeah coffee is a good thing. I bet you'd like some coffee right now. =D

Jae said...

Very cool, literlly!! It was 7 degrees here this morning. Man alive talk about some freezing weather! I am sure for once you dont mind making food and stuff then!!!!

Mary Ellen said...

Gee, it's dang cold!!! Lucky me, I haven't been out of the house since Sunday! lol! =D
Yeah it's kind of nice being "in charge" so to speak! lol! And the house is usually pretty clean too... which is definitely a bonus! I have this strange feeling that the house will be a bomb once Mom and Em's get back. =P

Jae said...

haha!! you are probably be right!
But oh well, at least you know you can keep an eye on the kids, do some cleaning, make meals, and still have time for your online friends!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I think I've had more of a "vacation" than they did! lol! I must admit for the most part it was fun. ;)