Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Slacking!!!

Hey Y'all. Well the weather is mighty fine, or just right as far as I'm concerned. Not too hot, not too cold. I really got quite the work-out today! I mowed lawn and did other assorted things. You wouldn't think mowing the lawn would be such a hard job (as my mom always tells me) but really it wares you out. And out mower is harder to steer so it takes more muscle. But hey! that's not so bad. You know as they say, "Pain is gain" so maybe I'm in for a deal doing so much work. =D Yeah, it's not such a bad prospect after all.
Enough blabbering about work though. Just thinking about it can make a person tired sometimes! ;) Right now I'm reading a book called Chaucer's Canterbury Tales: A new and moder English prose translation by R.M. Lumiansky with a preface by van Doren. So far it's really good. What the gist of it all is this group of twenty (or so), are all going on pilgrimages (inspired by nature and the time of year or something like that) and are traveling for Canterbury. Well it so happens that the keeper of the inn they stay at the first night likes this merry party so much that he makes them a proposal: that he will accompany them on their journey and each traveler must tell two stories, (of which he will be judge for who's is best) then whoever tells the best story (as far as entertainment and moral teaching) will be allowed to stay at his inn (at the expense of himself and the other travelers) for free on the return journey. So right now I am about half way through the book. There are some quite interesting tales. You guys will have to read it when I'm done, but it definitely should be rated 13 years of age plus (skip the PG)! It has some vulgarity and crudeness in it. =D
Well I'm sure it is past ten and I need to go to sleep. I have been quite bad this month and on most days I wake up no later than 8:30!! As a mater of fact the first tale told in The C.C. Tales tells about the fair maiden Emily who, "... arose and dressed herself before day break, as was her custom; for May will permit no sluggishness in rising. That season touches every sensitive heart and forces a person to leap from bed by saying, "Arise, and pay homage to me." This caused Emily to remember to honor May and to get up early." Maybe I just don't have a sensitive heart! lol! =D
Well this time I really mean it. I will go to bed. Farewell my brilliant friends!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAy I think I neeed to read this book except the bad part you can tell me which guy told it and I can skip it. Ah I am brilliant you say! YESSSSSSSSS I love warm weather !!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) san banann

Anonymous said...

Well how about the fair ladies that sleep in during May, as is their custom, for that season touches every sensitive heart with self-pity for the torture of humidity and endless chores the poor sensitive soul must go through every day...? lol

Is your C.C. Tales as bad as that (not as *bad* but you know what I mean) as the Diary of a TG?

Anonymous said...

hahaha! That must be it Norah! The humidity is painful therefore I must sleep it out in my bed! lol!
Well in a sense it's about equal. On second thought it might be worse.!

Anonymous said...

Ohh... if it's equal to DTG then I think I could handle it but if it's worse then... it would be pretty bad. lol.

I can't help my smart-aleckness, it just came to me when I read that quote of yours... ; )

Anonymous said...

Oh, and guess what I'm listening to? KT Tunstall, Suddenly I See!

And no, I *don't* have her CD, to spare you the asking. lol! Love you girl.

Mary Ellen said...

man I love that song! Enjoy it for me. Actually did I tell you that I got it on the one CD I have? So I can listen to it anytime. Have i ever played it for you? I really should. You need to sleep over sometime. =D