Monday, December 5, 2016

Amazon

There's something about shopping that I can't stand. Perhaps it's the temptation to buy everything I didn't go into a store to get. Or maybe it's the crowds of people making you feel like you need to hurry and make up your mind, get your stuff and get out. I know shopping isn't really that daunting... and people are much kinder than that. Yet, when I'm constantly driving to and from work each day the last thing I want to do is go drive again to the store.

So sometimes I just hop on Amazon, click a mouse instead of push a cart, and then wait for a few days. I just ordered my barn boots this way. After visiting the two farm stores in my area I've discovered that they seldom carry women's boots in my size. Unless they're made from cheap plastic/rubber and pink in color. Umm... ya gotta mean business when you go to work. No pink boots.
Well I looked on Amazon and the brand of boots I like did carry women's boots in my size! BUT... they were WHITE. White. In a barn?! ....I don't think so. As a last resort before humbling myself and buying the cheap pink books was to order men's size 5 boots. After waiting with great anticipation and struggling through a week of working in boots with hardly any tread the new boots arrived! And fit wonderfully. No more 45 min. drives to the big farm store on the other side of the city to be disappointed by their lack of options. No more pick boots from the local farm supply store.

Anyway, I did a little clicking on Amazon today. In under 5 minutes I had something for my body, something for my soul and something for my spirit.... and I was done shopping. :)

For the body: Activated charcoal. The stuff is like magic. I can't believe this stuff isn't a common household remedy. It's black and pretty messy when it's not contained, though it doesn't stain. It can be taken to help with stomach flu, alcohol poisoning... and other poisons. It alleviates gas and bloating. It can be applied topically to an insect sting. Some people use it to brush their teeth... other people take it as a regular dietary aid. It has so many awesome uses. Google it!

For the soul: Elf. Yeah... the movie. It's been forever since I've watched, but I remember it being pretty funny. Since we don't have that many movie rental options living way out in the sticks like we do, I figured I'd just buy it. I've been telling my parents they should watch it for a while. You never know with my parents. They'll either laugh historically the whole time or they'll think it's the dumbest movie in the world. I watch the movie, "What About Bob?" with my grandma once and we laughed so hard that we were sore the next day! My parents couldn't stand it. Then I tried to get them to watch "The Cobbler" with Adam Sandler. Because it had Adam Sandler in it they were convinced it would be a not-so-clean movie. Well, they eventually watched it and laughed historically. I have no idea what makes them tick... but it's amusing so it's worth the attempt to try out Elf on them.

For the spirit: Over the Top. It's a book by a  Russell Fralick. I was driving to work one morning and the radio station was broadcasting him telling his story. Perhaps it was his Irish accent that kept me tuned to the station. He told of being an Atheist and how he came to God through an incredible life intervention while rock climbing. It was a pretty crazy story... so I figured the book might be a worthy read.

Well... yep. That's it. Yay, for Amazon shopping. Oh, I also purchased some cranberry chutney from a little store in Northern Wisconsin. We used to be able to find it in our grocery. Now I search for it every time I go to a new grocery store with no luck. Therefore in spite of a little extra shipping charges it'll be nice to taste a little cranberry chutney again after years without it.

No comments: