Thursday, November 3, 2016

All In A Week

This coming week is going to bring quite a few challenges. We have election day, which means a good portion of the country will be severely disappointed. On top of which we have the time change which brings darkness an hour earlier, as if the shortening hours of daylight weren't enough to deal with. Then to bring things to the climax it could snow any day and the temperatures are bound to turn chilly and arctic soon. Yikes!

One the bright side, we have Thanksgiving to look forward to. My favorite holiday. We go all out for Thanksgiving. Family filling up every inch of the house, food covering every inch of counter space. I'm trying to be patient so that I don't rush the days by, but it's so exciting!

November has brought some joys as well as some disappointments. I was invited to a special event in Connecticut and would have been traveling with some of my favorite people, but as it would happen I couldn't get the time off work. Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to my friend Hannah's baby being born and getting to meet the new little life. Then there are friendships that I know are growing daily and my own life and character that continue to be shaped and sharpened into a better instrument to serve the people around me and  to serve the Lord. It seems that God knows our needs before we do and so of course has trials and treasures waiting around each corner to be dispensed as needed in our walk.

Well, it's time for the end of the day. I hope your November is warm and delightful, and that the trials of this next week don't bring you down. If you can't find a silver lining, be sure to sew one in. ;)

Philippians 1:9-11
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been a doozy of a week here, too, but there's always plenty of sliver linings to focus on. Thanksgiving is my favorite, too! Love from my little family to yours.

Diwakar said...

Hello Mary. I AM A Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post.I like the scripture quote at the end of your post, I am blesseed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this great contarast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during their vaation time. we would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id is:dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear fr om you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.