Friday, November 18, 2016

A Friend's Poem

My friend Courtney wrote this poetry. It's beautiful, so I had to share it.

You Are Here - by Courtney Jo

I looked around me, and alone I sat.
My troubles, my joys, my thoughts: my life.
Many asked of me where you were- and to which I could reply so easily for though they cannot see you, I can.
You are here in the stitches of my socks, keeping my feet dry and warm.
You are here in the tinted colors of my scarfs shading the yellow sun in my window and becoming my curtains at night in my room.
You are here in the scents of oil that you spread upon my face.
You are here in the morning with your sweet hellos and you are here at night with your goodnight prayers.
You are here in the food upon my table which you graciously provided.
You are here with your love, care, and sweet memories.

Though they cannot see you, I can see you all around. My love, my all.

You are here.
I've been able to listen to the sermons by David Jeremiah again, each morning after work. For a while work was taking longer due to the harvest. It was a bummer to hop in the car only to catch the tail end of a message. Right now Jeremiah is teaching out of Philippians. It's crazy... I don't know why but each message is exactly what I need to hear each morning. I'll be dealing with an issue and boom! There's the solution. God is always here, and He provides these little things, little blessings, each day.

As it says in Philippians 4:19,  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.



It's funny because I never used to listen to Christian radio. My oldest siblings always did... and when I became interested in music there was a disconnect. Maybe it was a change in churches? Maybe it had to do with where my older siblings were at? We listened to a lot of country music. There was still a lot of mention of God and faith in the country songs which was really cool. Then there was some pretty neat pop music and indie music. I especially liked the mellow, acoustic artists like Jack Johnson, Mumford and Sons and The Lumineers. I still love these other forms of music and listen to them regularly, but it surprises me that I never gave Christian artists a chance. The two hours of driving each day have really given me more time to tune into radio programs.

I feel like I'm just discovering the tip of an ice berg, but one must start somewhere. Here are three of my favorite Christian songs right now.


And this last one I heard when I went to church with Courtney this Summer. I keep forgetting the name of the song and having to scroll through our many text messages to find the link she shared with me in July. Trust me.... that's a lot of texts.



It is a blessed thing to have friends.

No comments: