Monday, August 8, 2016

Hello, August.

Hello, August.

It's a beautiful morning here on the farm. I'm sipping coffee and listening to the sound of applause coming from bacon on the kitchen stove. As I peak out the window I can see the robust rays of August sun lighting up my bed of zinnias. Zinnias are, without question, the best flower.

My employers gave me the morning off even though I'd already asked for tonight and tomorrow off! A whole two days free of milking, cows and the excitements of the farm life. It's very kind of them! I'll be camping over night with my two friends, Sandy and Jae,and thankfully we're blessed with nice weather. It's more of a domesticated camping trip. We're paying for a plot on a campground a few miles from my home were there will be people and bathrooms and electrical outlets. Not that I mind the conveniences but it just isn't the same as roughing it in the sticks. Maybe we'll try that next year.

Yesterday was my friend Rachel's birthday. A ton of friends came to surprise her at church from various parts of the state. It was a really fun day and it was also nice to make it to church for the first time in weeks.

We haven't been to church since we've been working every weekend to get the dairy ready for inspection. The inspector came on Friday and we now have our grade A license! We aren't shipping our milk yet because we're waiting for the organic certification to go through... and that process was on hold till we had our grade A license. Maybe we'll be ready to rock and roll by the end of the week?!

Leela resting on her mommy.

Yesterday also marks two years since little miss Leela went to heaven to be with Jesus. I can still see her cute, pale cheeks and her wisps of red hair. I can hear her little coos that she'd make when she was glad to have company. I miss her and if I live to be 100 I will see her in 76 years.

Well, it's a beautiful new day that the Lord has made. I need to get ready for camping and maybe get lost smelling flowers outside for a while. ....and the beans need to be picked. Couldn't be a better morning for gardening.

Until next time...

No comments: