Sunday, June 12, 2016

Photography.

I just can't help it. I see something beautiful and my first thought is, "Where's the camera?!" It's exciting; getting done with a long day of work and realizing that there's a gorgeous sunset, grabbing the camera and running out to catch the fiery orb in it's descent.

Sometimes I wonder what the point is in taking all these pictures. ...but that's only between every other 1,000 shots I take, download and edit. Yes, I do delete some photos. Not enough, of course. That's my nemesis... the need to keep only the best and being harsh about whether a picture is worth keeping or not.


It's much more than a hobby. It's a passion.

I'm learning to use the manual camera settings. My photographer friends say, try playing with one setting at a time. Just mess around with the shutter speed or just the apeture, or just the ISO, they tell me. But hey, no one ever sat me down in a stick-shift vehicle and said, "Alright. To make this easier just focus on the clutch. Don't worry about the gas or the brake pedal."

So maybe it's harder to learn all three settings at once, but it's too confusing to try and figure out one at a time. I like to see how they all work together... and I'm hoping I'll be better off in the long run.

Anyway, if I do go to college for advanced study, I think it will be for photography. Or journalism. Or photojournalism. Yeah... I could be a photojournalist. It's gotta be the best of both worlds.

Anyway, here's a shot of last night's sunset:


No comments: