Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October

It is a windy, damp morning as I sit here at my computer. From the kitchen I can hear the sizzle of eggs frying in bacon grease and coffee streaming and sputtering into the pot. Against the windows rain is colliding with a little help from the wind. It's already 8AM and the rising sun is no where to be seen, hiding behind dark, heavy clouds. The pounding of the rain woke me up several times throughout the night, which makes for eyelids that are heavy, too. The leaves on the trees look beautiful with the water luminously displaying the fall hues. It's interesting how on a grey day like this the colors are more vibrant.

Things are a bit more relaxing than they have been in a few months, although there are always so many things to get done and never enough time in a day. I think it's time to bring out the Winter clothes and put away the articles worn in Summer. This time of year always makes me want to get on Pinterest and browse the recipes for pumpkin flavored everything.

Anyway, it's about time head back to work (since I milked once already this morning). Maybe next time I will write about something more substantial.

2 comments:

Court said...

Good Morning Mary Ellen,

It's not quite morning; it's actually 12:11 pm but it sure feels like morning, which I'm sure you can relate to hearing from the description of your heavy eyelids. I like your description of the Fall weather. I'm curious if it is as sunny now by you as it is here. At first, it was very slummy and grey but now the sun is shining and bright. My favorite part was the transition though. The sky was so dark and grey and then the sunshine was bursting out- the luminous big cumulonimbus clouds were shining out of the bright blue sky- it was beautiful.
Yet, there were still traces of grey.

Now it seems to have evened out a bit. :)

There are only 8 weeks until we leave for Africa, which means about only 9 weeks until Christmas already. Wow! So hard to believe :)

But super exciting none-the-least!

I hope you have a blessed day and I'm so excited you had a chance to post!

Mary Ellen said...

Oh man! I thought it looked like it was getting sunny by the picture you sent me. It's been cloudy all day long. And windy..... REALLY windy and rainy! Only just now I can see an end to the clouds where there appears to be some sky... but it's almost night. =(

OH MY!!! Only 9 weeks till Christmas?!?!?! How is that possible?!?! I know they already have X-mas commercials on the radio. Blah. lol
That will be very exciting to travel to Africa! I hope you can take pictures while you're there!

I hope you have a lovely day, and I especially hope to see you before you leave for Africa... like around thanksgiving time! =)