Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Courtney's Response

My lovely friend Courtney commented on my blog post, Why I Am Still Single. Her words were so good and insightful. I agree with the points she made, and truly it IS a privilege to be single. It is where God puts us first in life... so it is definitely an important and significant role. Anyways, I thought I'd share Courtney's words you. I especially like the part about God being and gentleman! =) Read and enjoy:

"Hey there Mary Ellen,

So first of all, I'd say singleness really isn't bad after all :) I think it's a privilege actually- just think about all the freedom in it really- getting to get to know all these wonderful people without having to feel attached to any of them unless of course you decide to.

I would say that dating or courtship both are kind of ridiculous when you think about.. and this is why I think so - because if you are friends with someone- you go out, hang out, and see if you like the person- enjoy being with the person- and how the person is like with their friends.

Now I don't necessarily agree that you have to be with a group of people, though, I consider it to be more fun once you are dating to go out with groups, but especially if you are friends, I think going one- on- one to coffee shops and ice cream parlors are fun- just make it casual and fun! :) And it doesn't have to be a date- :) And once you are dating, I think it's a good idea to spend a lot of time doing events together to have fun- and see the other persons character in a variety of circumstances.

I just went to a conference though, and they said that right now, us people (young adults) are in a time of waiting... and we want to just go for it- but God is developing us so that when we are ready we will fly far- (like a stretched rubber-band, sometimes it hurts but then you fly)

Also, I learned that God is a gentleman and He will open the doors for us. There will be other doors along the way and we may choose to walk through them ourselves, and God won't be mad at us, but we will have to deal with the consequences for not waiting for Him.

So all-together, be patient, be vigilant, and make God your first love and everything will fall into place. :)

Love you friend!!!"

No comments: