Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Her Beautiful Face

I went over to Jed and Kendra's on Monday, the 17th, to take Meadow and Dexter for a visit. With the massive doses of B-vitamins and a seizure medication that Kendra needs to give to Leela seventeen times a day, on top of breastfeeding every two to three hours, it's been a lot to juggle so Meadow and Dexter have been staying at the farm with "Grandma and Grandpa".

Leela seems to be doing quite well, all things considered, and her dad even thinks he saw her smile last Sunday, although she still doesn't cry. Ever since the MRI that initially caused everyone to realize there was a much greater problem than lazy eyes Leela doesn't cry. The MRI removed all of the B vitamins from her body and may have caused serious losses to her body/brain.

Anyway, I took a few pictures and I thought everyone might enjoy getting to see them.

Leela. Notice that her eyes are open, which is a treat since she is often sleeping. 

Mommy holding Leela. :)

Dexter, Leela and Meadow! Very cute kids, if you ask me!

1 comment:

Court said...

17 times a day that is quite a lot.. I'm glad that Miss Leela seems to be doing better despite all of the things she is going through. She is indeed a trooper along with everyone else in your family. ! ^_^ Very cute pictures- I'm glad you got one of her little eyes open!. I'll still be praying for her!