Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Little Tid-Bit

It's crazy to think that exactly three years ago tonight I was at a redneck hay-wagon dance, celebrating the night before my dear friend Sandy's wedding. It was much colder that night but we sure were having a good time! Due to the coldness we ended up moving the dance into the barn. There is something rather elegant about white lights strung up in a stanchion barn. Ah... what a good time!



Here I am playing my ukelele in the warm sunshine, amidst the weeds and the bees. When there is perfect weather one must venture out of doors to appreciate God's incredible handiwork... and sing a tune or two with the birds. :)


Brittany and I made lemon meringue pie for Nellie's birthday. It was the first time I'd used corn starch in a pie. The best part, of course, was shaping the meringue and then taking it out of the oven to behold the perfectly browned peaks!



I framed the picture of Natalia. The frame was a little bigger than the picture so I found some scrapbook paper and made an edge. It's always quite a fun project and the end result is satisfying.


...and speaking of artwork, I'm in the middle of a sketch right now. I nabbed my parent's handy-dandy reading light and clipped it onto my art desk! It's extremely useful!

Today was quite productive. My Grammy came over and we chopped and canned tomatoes all day. It's just that season. The harvest time.
As soon as I publish this post I'm heading to my room to enjoy the remainder of my night off by continuing the pastel sketch of a cathedral. I also have the tea pot heating on the stove. A cup of warmth will be quite fitting for the chilly evening.
The end of Summer is here. Fall is just around the corner...

Until next time.

2 comments:

Court said...

That sounds like a most delightful events lately :) The pie looks very professional and tasty- good job to you both ehe :) Also like the picture of you on the hill- looks really neat !~! :-] Hope all is well , and I will try to write soon :)

Mary Ellen said...

Hey Court! =D Thanks! It has been a lovely Summer, so much adventure and experiments!!! The highlights being getting to visit you. ;) haha!
I am excited and looking forward to your next post!!! =D
Love, In Christ!
~Mary