Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Oil Paint


Brittany let me try out her oil paints. She was doing art on some wood so I decided I'd try doing the same. The oils definitely applied much differently on wood than they would have on canvas so I don't know that I could say I 'got the picture' of what using oil paints is like, but it was a fun experiment! 




The curves and veins of the wood naturally urged a sun and a horizon. I'd thought of doing a country scene but wasn't sure if a lot of green would really look like much at all on a piece of wood, and after having studied the Lake Michigan shoreline on my fishing trip with Courtney and Co. I'd already established a watery scene in my mind. With so many options and so little time my motto was this: When in doubt draw a tropical scape.




No comments: