Thursday, August 15, 2013

All About August

It's nearing the hour in which I am to head out of doors to milk the cows and I am quite looking forward to it. The sun is casting long rays of warm light across the green foliage and fields of corn. August has been full of perfect weather. Not too hot, not too cold. The excitements have been many and disappointments few...

It was a great pleasure to see my Virginia relatives. They stayed for about a week.

 My cousin Joe! He's a fun kid! =)

We had a family reunion during that time so I was also able to see a number of extended family members. It was splendid!

Relatives milling at the reunion.


Matt and Channing. They look like twins! ;) 


Some of us kids ventured over to the farm during the 
family reunion to see the animals ...especially the kittens! 

Relaxing and visiting!


Fun photographs with the cousin!!!

 Cousin Violet is awesome..... Climbing a lilac bush in a dress!
Just like I was when I was her age! Always looking for adventure!

Uncle Patrick took the kids on a trip to Moe's Diner for shakes!!!
 ...I don't know how but Isaac and I got to go too!!! 
It was great fun and a delicious treat!

 Uncle Patrick also took us swimming!!!

As for my episode with the bee... I did recover and get back to work in time to get stung again. Only this time I picked up a bale on which a hive of wasps was residing and about seven of them stung me. Of course I'd forgotten my EpiPen at home so it was quite a circus as my mom and a number of other friends had to rush Benadryl and my EpiPen to me! ...and therefore, thankful, I did not experience anaphylaxis this time around. Needless to say, I am rather wary of any sort of buzzing creature.

My archnemesis.
 

One excitement occurred at about 3am  a week or so ago. I was roused from my slumber by the sound of cows running through the lawn!!! After waking every member in the household an entire hours was spent out of doors running all over the farm catching our herd of milking cows. ....the stars happened to be extraordinarily beautiful but it was also extraordinarily cold that night and I could see my breath in the chilly air. ....oh yes, Fall is eagerly waiting it's turn.


I got to take pictures of Isaac & Brittany. I will post more picture but I should probably get their permission first. I am using photographer's license for this one! Enjoy! ;)

 Some pretty little flowers I came across in the woods.

During a crazy thunder storm we heard this crazy cracking sound that we initially thought was very close thunder... which turned out to be one of our very tall pine trees. It would have fallen on our house had it not been for another tree that got in it's way!!! Who knows when we'll get around to removing it. For now.... may it rest in peace. Haha!


 Unfortunately my little garden behind the house is having an 
incredibley hard time getting established. 
If it isn't a dog digging it up or a drought then it's the freak event of a tree fall!


 Oh, and Mr. Dexter turned 3 years old. He's such a big boy!!


Lovely sunflowers that our friends gave us! 
They looked so beautiful in the morning light!

Anyways, it's off to go milk the cows!!! I hope you all are enjoying your summer... and that you're having as much excitement as I am! ...until next time.

No comments: