Thursday, July 26, 2012

Don't Marry Some Yuppie Girl

There's this reality TV show called Duck Dynasty. Maybe you've heard of it. It's completely hilarious. Anyways, I had to share this part where Phil Robertson is talking to his grandson about finding the right kind of woman while skinning bullfrogs. I kinda liked his advice:

"Don't marry some yuppie girl, you know what I'm sayin'? Find you a meek, kind, gentle spirited, country girl. If she knows how to cook, and she carries her bible and lives by it and she loves to eat bullfrogs, now there's a woman. See what I'm sayin'?

You see, the first prerequisite for marryin' a woman in my opinion: Can. She. Cook. You gonna be there for 50 years and you don't even know whether she can cook or not? What kind of thinkin' is that?! "Well, we'll just live off love." Not really. You'll starve to death.

She doesn't have to be a pretty girl. Just 'cause she looks a little homely, that's alright. It's hard to get a pretty one to cook and carry a Bible anymore. Pass me another frog." 

You can watch the episode for yourself by clicking here

No comments: