Saturday, July 21, 2012

"It's not just a wool cap."



"It's not just a wool cap. It's an opportunity." I was browsing the The Economist magazine and I couldn't stop turning back to this intriguing advertisement/picture. I took the picture up to my room desiring the time to sketch it and there it sat for a couple of weeks...
Until last night when, after a remarkably good day, I had a spare hour before work and decided to sit down at my art desk, where a blank page and a few boxes of colorful pastels were calling my name.

This is what came of it.



 I'd say I have a long way to go before I can make a drawing more "picture perfect." But at least I got the general idea down. That's more than I can say of my prior artistic endeavors. It's an exciting challenge!
...until next time.


3 comments:

Doug Row said...

I think it's an excellent job! Pastels are hard and generally look best at a distance. Keep up the good work.

Doug Row said...

I think it's an excellent job! Pastels are hard and generally look best at a distance. Keep up the good work.

Mary Ellen said...

Aw! Thanks Dad! =D Good point. I'll have to put up a sign that says, "Warning: keep safe distance when observing works of art. Getting too close may cause sore eyes!" ;)