Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mad

Yesterday my little brother, Patrick, was instructed by my mother to show me a short writing assignment he did for school. I decided to share it with you because it is a beautiful illustration of the sweet peace of God that passes all understanding.
(Philippians 4:6-7, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus")

Here is what he wrote:

Mad
One day, a few years ago, I had a bad day. I was so mad that I would not talk to anybody. I had been sitting in my sister's closet for three hours. I was so mad I could not handle myself. I did not know what to do, so I just prayed. I sat there for two minutes, then, I was not mad. I do now know how to explain it, but I was not mad. I actually wanted to be mad again. But I could not get myself mad.
This may help you understand (Psalm 3:1-5)

Psalm 3:1-5, "Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. Selah. But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the LORD with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the LORD sustained me."

It is so wonderful to see a young soul confidently rest in the strength of the Lord. The sweet and sure faith of a child is something that adults often lack. Whether it is from having been betrayed or disappointed too many times in life, or simply a skewed idea that a grown up is smart enough, wise enough and thinks that he must take care of himself and rely on his own strength. Truthfully, there is nothing in this world that we can rely on... nor anybody other than God who is steady, unchanging, and has provided everything that we need to not only survive but succeed in this life through His abounding grace. 

2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 

No comments: